May 11, 2011

How Do I Love Thee?

 

"I love you more than rainbows and beautiful blue skies.
I love you more than buttercups and wings of butterflies."

So many simple little things fill us with joy on a daily basis....beautiful birds with their sweet little songs, twinkling stars in the nighttime sky, ice cream with sprinkles on top.  But none of those things compare to the love we have for our children.  I Love You More Than Rainbows by Susan E. Crites uses vivid illustrations and sweet rhyming verse to convey a very powerful message of love.  I can't think of a better way to end the day than by sharing this book right before tucking your child into bed.

"So at night when the sky gets dark, and the moon begins to glow,
The stars will twinkle and deep inside I hope that you know...
How much I love you!"

No comments:

Post a Comment